#737 Reverend Kathleen's Peanut Pumpkin Soup - 2006/10/01 9:00 PM
Greetings true believers! October has descended from her golden throne upon Mount Olympus to call us mortals into the domain of Falloween. Yes, Falloween: the unwritten festival of sacrificial pumpkin harvest and offering.
The ancient druids celebrated this coming with a fiery feast of peanut pumpkin soup which was spewed forth from Great iron casks heated within tall wicker turtle skeletons ablaze with tar fueled fire.
All accounts of such pagan rituals would have been lost to the sands of time had it not been for the heroic efforts of one Reverend Kathleen who being the fearless historian that she is, has painstakingly pieced together the original pumpkin soup recipe of the ancient druids.
Ancient Druid Peanut Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cups canned pumpkin (or leftover cooked & pureed pumpkin)
- 2 cups cooked pureed Sweet potato
- 1 cup SMOOTH peanut butter
- 6 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh chives (for garnish)
- Sour cream (for garnish)
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the pumpkin, sweet potato & peanut butter.
- Add the stock, pepper & salt and stir well until smooth. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish the soup with Chives & sour cream.
In Other News: New Professional Wedding Photos Added
Weekly Atom-O-Toon™ - Slumming With M$ Paint™ Cartoon
|Audio =||Set Fire to Flames (musical group)|
|Video =||Frontline: The Merchants of Cool (2001)|
|Print =||Get Back in the Box: Innovation From the Inside Out, Rushkoff, Douglas.|
|Status =||the crew is well fed|