No. 005 DIY Soil Bar or Tacoma ReStore Design Challenge PART 2 - 2008/02/19 8:23 PM
Expanding upon the idea of our previous Tacoma ReStore Design Challenge: The DIY Gardening Station our engineers have depleted our surplus wood stock with the creation of our latest Soil Bar a poured, stone-top counter space with rolling storage bins.
- Two Sections of Poured Stone Table Top (courtesy of past lady friend Michelle)
- Surplus Slatted Plywood Siding
- Two Rolling-Luggage wheels
- One Surplus Wheelbarrow Handle (red)
- Self-Drilling Screws (courtesy of Tacoma Screw)
- Misc. Hardware from Tacoma ReStore
After a weekend trip to Vashon Island Ms. Darcy tested her new Soil Bar as she potted pussy willow tree clippings. The pussy willow starts dontated through generosity of a Vashon Island nursery worker who sold us 3 different varieties of blue berry bushes.
It feels pretty damn good to build something useful out of materials other folks are happy to throw in the trash. I would describe it as a feeling of Cheating Death.
Catch up on past Cartoons! Review our Atom-O-Toon™ Greatest Hits.
|Audio||Twilight War: The folly of U.S. Space Dominance (worldview podcast)|
|Video||Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)|
|The Arabian Nights Entertainments / Anonymous, 1754-1829|
|Status||the crew is happy|